Yesterday was a great day. I decided to be nice to everyone. Eye contact, smile, full attention. It was very interesting. I got:
- 1 Proposal (from assistant at hardware shop-very flattered but, er.. no thanks, not ever. )
- 1 free sausage and the best service ever (no, not what you thinking-from the lady assistant at the deli)
- Lots of wierd looks as though “what the hell do you want/what are you on/where’s the hidden camera/where did you escape from”
- Mimed apologies (From confused road-raged drivers in the wrong after I waved and smiled)
And I had a good luck day too:
- Designer friend emailed to say paint shop had donated large amounts of paint for the Ecolodge revamp.
- The wind stopped.
- The sun came out.
- Taskmaster stopped work for the first time in months and we went surfing.
- Kingoftheplayground didnt run away and get lost once…oh wait, just the once. Found him barefoot in puddles “just runnin’ alon’ “
- The renovations should theoretically be finished by tomorrow.
- The jumping castle has been booked for Good Hope Nursery’s next event on 5th April – Fynbos Family Day.
- Found this Protea repens in flower: Later on…
We discovered where on earth chicken #2 and chicken #3 have been hiding their eggs. Mike the BB man found a clutch of old and new eggs all cosy in a nest of sticks under an old gum tree. Got given dirty looks of hate and the beady-eye each time I passed them…. Smiles do not work on chickens!!!