It is another stunning day here at Cape Point:
When opening a door on one of the houses on the property, we came across a sleepy baby Cape Cobra who quickly became very cross and reared up and hissed like an angry kitten. A very poisonous kitten. I did not have my camera on me but here is a photo and some info on the Cape Cobra from the Cape Snake Rescue website:
- Notoriously common in and around human habitats in search of food and water supply
- will flee instead of facing aggressor
- very aggressive when cornered and will spread a hood, hiss loudly and readily strike
- Average length 1.2 – 1.5m, slender and fast moving
- smooth scales, colour varies between yellow, brown, cream and speckled
- very powerful neurotoxin which attacks the nervous system
Ahhhh. How lovely. Not nerve wracking at all. Really looking forward to it growing up now. I’m just counting on the second point there!
Up on the mountain there are some beautiful Ericas out in flower now
In the meantime you are welcome to bring a picnic and play in the playground after browsing in the nursery. Lots of little pretties in flower in the retail and this cool weather is perfect for planting. Happy Easter!!!